Sunday, December 14, 2008

Caramels and Family

I have made three batches of caramels today. I have to make one more tomorrow so I will have all of them made for my Grandma Burrell. I will be seeing her at Aunt Louise's funeral and thought I would save some gas and money by binging them with me. I had to reheat one of my batches because I didn't cook it long enough. I really home it turns out all right. If not I will feel really bad and probably won't give them to her. I am a firm believer that you shouldn't give out things that are not quality. My Grandma asked me to make the caramels so the quality is really important because it reflects on her more than me.

My Aunt's funeral is tomorrow. I am sad, but I am happy that I will get to see my cousins. I have't seen some of them in ages. I am even more excited that I get to see my nephew later today. My brother and sister-in-law are coming up here and then heading over to Benson. Jeffrey is so adorable. I love the little tike. The sad thing is a funeral is bringing my family together. We got together for my Grandma's birthday, but I think more people are going to be coming for the funeral than for the birthday party. What is even more sad is I am willing to bet that this isn't going to be the only funeral that I have to go to for the next year.

No comments: