Saturday, July 25, 2009

Camping

I got to go camping this weekend, and I had a blast. I went with Austin (my boyfriend), Keith (Austin's good friend), Rose (Keith's girl friend), Robert (Keith's son), and Thomas (Rose's brother). Rose and I got to sleep in a trailer while the boys stoically slept on the ground outside with the skunk. Okay, Austin slept in the suburban because he had no desire to wake up to a skunk.

We got to the campground after dark and were eating dinner. I kept hearing a rustling in the grass, and just catching the tip of a white nose. Well I finally caught the culprit in it's black and white glory (it was so cute). Luckily, the flashlights chased it off without scaring it, so we didn't get sprayed. I was so glad I was sleeping away from the ground.

The only downside to our outing was that Keith and Robert wake up at 5:00 am everyday. I much more a 9:00 am kind of girl, so being woken up at 5:30 am by a rambunctious 2 year old is not my cup of tea. Needless to say, I am very tired and want to go to bed since I have not had a nap all day and that is how I get through a day that I have to wake up early for.

I am going to bid you all goodnight so I can work on my lesson and program for tomorrow. Ciao!

No comments: