I understand that this is my third post today, but I have a lot to say since I decide to start writing. If anyone is interested, these thoughts actually come from today.
I had planned on doing so much today and didn't get half of it done. All I can say is that I am really watched over. I had to go to the Bishop's Storehouse today otherwise I was going to be out of food till who knows when. I got out of my meeting later than I had anticipated and it was snowing. On top of all that, I knew I had to stop and put gas in my car. I wasn't sure what time the storehouse closed, but I was sure that I wasn't going to make it, yet I felt the prompting to go. I was highly stressed because of the snow storm and thought for sure that I was wasting my time. I had several opportunities to turn around and almost did twice, but the gentle prompting of the Spirit told me that I would arrive safely at my destination and get there before the storehouse closed. I must say that driving 25 mph has never been my favorite, but I wanted to be safe so I continued to trudge along in the snow. I pulled up to the building and there were lights on and cars out front. I pulled in to a parking spot, got out of my car to check the closing time and I got there with 15 minutes to spare. Gratitude filled my heart. The one day a week that the storehouse was open past 4:30, and I could go. It may not seem like a miracle to anyone one but me, but I know that I was being watched over tonight.
It is funny how these little situations happen. Tonight reminded me of when I went to Audrey's wedding and I lost my oil cap on I-15 at the Point of the Mountain. I should have run out of oil on the 15, my car should have stopped working and I should have been stranded, but I wasn't I got off the freeway and could pull into the Wal-Mart parking lot and everything was fine because I felt I needed to 1.) put another quart of oil in before I left and 2.) I had a quart in my trunk. I should really write these expereices down more often.
My helpful hint for the day is to always follow the promptings of the Spirit, He will never lead steer you wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment