On Sunday evening., I was talking to my mom when she told me she would call me back and then hung up on me. I thought that my older brother was calling, so I didn't really care. Anywho, she called my back five minutes later and told me that President Hinckley had passed away. I then received a text from a friend baring the same news (I hear that the news traveled really fast that way). I was taken by surprise with this news, I know he was 97 and all, but part of me always thought that he would go on forever.
I have mixed feelings about him passing away. On one hand I am sad that he is gone. He was one of the most awesome people I have had the honor of meeting. His dynamic and engaging personality put all who came in his presences at ease. I loved his wit, Marjorie Pay Hinckley said that he never took life too seriously, except for those things that should be taken seriously. He was a wonderful person and I will sorely miss him. On the other hand, I am happy that he can be with his beloved wife again. There hasn't been a conference that has passed that he has not mentioned his loneliness at her passing. I am sure that their's was a joyous reunion in heaven.
He really was a Prophet of God. I know that from the bottom of my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment