Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Why so...disappointed

Monday night, I saw Dark Knight for the first time. It isn't the type of movie I usually watch, but everyone said it was so good, so when a friend said that they were watching it, I wasn't going to say no. The acting was good, Heath Ledger did do an intriguing joker, but I wasn't that in to it. I seriously didn't think that the movie was worth all the hype. I will probably never watch it again, seeing as the only part of the movie I found enjoyable was snuggling with my boyfriend for two hours.

I guess my true beef with the movie was they made morals situational, like there is really no black and white, just shades of gray. The thing is that 99% of the time, morality is black and white. What is wrong will almost always be wrong, and what is right will always be right, irregardless of the situation. I have the same problem with Pirates of the Caribbean. It is just my thing.

To all of those who liked the movie, more power to you. If you like other movies in the future, I will still see them based on your reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on this movie. Aside from Joker I wasn't impressed. In addition to your argument (which it very accurate and I appreciate it) it's too long. :(