Did you watch conference today? I know sometime you think other thing are more important, but I promise you, nothing is of more importance than sitting at the feet of our church leaders and hearing the words God wants us to here.
I would like to call your attention to President Uchtdorf's talk this morning. You have asked me for my opinion on several self help books. I have been hesitant to tell you, but now feel no inclination to hold my tongue, that I don't think your answers will come from reading any number of self help books. If you want to be delivered from the ties that are holding you back, the answer lies in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Self help books are based on theories that can not be applied to everyone in every situation. The only help that is truly all encompassing is the Atonement that Christ gave for all of us.
Through Christ's Atonement, we can have ever lasting peace. I know that times are hard for you right now. I know that you are wanting to be delivered from those that have you trapped. As President Monson told the Priesthood last night, the burdens may not be lifted, but your back will be shaped to bare them. Do not look towards scholars to help you, for their advice will fade when no longer in vogue, look towards your Redeemer, because he will never lead you astray. His help is individually geared to you. He knows the pain and trials that you have because he carried them alone. His arms are waiting to carry you through the quagmire of life right now, if you will just let him pick you up, instead of pushing him away.
I know you may think I am asking a lot of you, but forgive them. Do not let their actions have power over you. Elinor Roosevelt was correct when she said, "no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." They may win the legal battle, but you can win the eternal one. You are a remarkable woman, capable of enduring their persecutions. You can love them and forgive them because Christ did first.
I love you, and pray for you daily.
Love,
Kelsi Rose
No comments:
Post a Comment