Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Reading

Since I have a lot of time on my hands, I have been reading. I started off with "must reads before you die" and I can't say that I was impressed. Then there is my standby of Newberry books, that I almost always love. Then I just went off on tangents and read whatever I wanted. Hear in no particular order are the books that I have read starting back in April.

1. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
2. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
3. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
6. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle
7. A Wind at the Door by Madeline L'Engle
8. A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeline L'Engle
9. The Arm of the Starfish by Madeline L'Engle
10. Dragons in the Water by Madeline L'Engle
11. A House Like a Lotus by Madeline L'Engle
12. Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
13. The Giver by Lois Lowry
14. Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry
15. The Willoughbys by Lois Lowry
16. Waiting for April by Scott M. Morris
17. Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
18. New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
19. Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer
20. Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer
21. The Host by Stephanie Meyer
21. Dragon Rider by Cornelia Funke
21. Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke
22. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
23. Chickens in the Headlights by Matthew Buckley
24. Bullies in the Headlights By Matthew Buckley
25. Mutiny on the Bounty by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall
26. Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevens
27. The Princess Bride by William Goldman
28. Johnny Tremain by Esther Forbes
29. Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat

I might have added some that I have started to read earlier than April, but I have read all of them this year. Plus I have started to reread the Leven Thumps books (by Obert Skye) and I get to review a book by Stephanie Black (an LDS author) named Methods of Madness. I am excited to see what new books I will read before the summer is out.

3 comments:

Charlo said...

did you hate the host as much as I did? Then again, the audio book might have killed it for me.

if you like Madeline L'Engle,
I really enjoyed "an acceptable time"

it has been a long time since I have read it, but I remember adoring it. I don't remember much about it (since I was a kid then) but I do remember wondering what a tunic was

Kelsi Rose said...

I actually liked The Host better than the Twilight series. As for Madeline L'Engle, I would like to read An Acceptable Time, but I have to check it out at the library, which has a very small selection and I don't know that An Acceptable Time is one of them.

Sarah said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked The Host better than Twilight! I'm not weird; everyone else is! Another series you might enjoy is Percy Jackson and the Olympians, by Rick Riordan. They're not quite up to Harry Potter, but enjoyable nonetheless.