Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Better late than never...right?

I would like to start this post by apologizing to Stephanie Black (regardless if she reads this post). I said I would read and review her new book Methods of Madness before the end of August. I had it read last week, but I procrastinated my review. I am sorry. You can take back your book if you want (although I would probably cry). Without further ado, here is my review.

(image from Deseret Book)

I thoroughly enjoyed Methods of Madness. I read the first chapter and then put it down (I was reading another book and wanted to give Madness my entire attention), but I wondered what would happen the entire time I wasn't reading it. The characters were real and their actions and emotions kept me interested. I will admit that I had one of the antagonist (there are two) guessed by the 3rd chapter, but the other one I totally didn't pick up on until the end. I was also slightly frustrated with the use of a knife. Staphanie used a knife as the weapon of choice in her last book Fool Me Twice, so it felt slightly redundant. I would give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

1 comment:

✩Molly✩ said...

:) i dont read books, but enjoyed this review, just the same :)

x's and o's.