Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The most disgusting thing

Last night I came in after saying goodbye to Austin. The lights were all off because my mom was trying to sleep on the couch (my dad works nights and sleeps from about 2-10 pm so we try not to disturb him, hence my mom was on the couch). I go in the kitchen where we have a water cooler. Since there is a counter top right next to the cooler, we all keep our cups there. My cup was dark blue (I can't see anything in my cup without light). I knew I had left water in it so I pick it up and start to drink. I had taken a couple gulps when something hit my lip. "That's strange, I wonder if I accidentally knocked chicken fat in my cup," I think to myself (I had been skinning chicken for dinner). I turn on the light and there in the bottom of my glass, is a dead cockroach. Yes, cockroach. I drank water that had a dead cockroach in it. When I realized this I freaked out; I washed my mouth out with Listerine, spit multiple times, almost hurled. Even now I am gagging. Needless to say I got a new cup, one that is clear so I can look in it before I drink.

5 comments:

Liz and Chase said...

So far I have been blog-stalking you. I read all the new posts without ever commenting- but ewwwwwww!!!!! That is so gross!

✩Molly✩ said...

my poor kelsi, I definitely would have puked.. oh my goodness that is a scary story!

wow! bleck!

Charlo said...

eh, no harm. Its basically the shrimp of the land... and YOU LOVE shrimp.

Kelsi Rose said...

Thanks Charlo, I may never eat shrimp again.

Somerset said...

I did that once...only I was 6, it was a stink bug, and it was ALIVE! I'm still traumatized! We should start a therapy group, "I almost drank a bug anon."