Sunday, May 10, 2009

How long?

I was talking to Austin last night and he told me when he first started to like me. Before I moved up to Utah, he asked me out on a date. I would have to look in my journal for the exact date, but it was in early 2006. From that time, until he asked me out again in September or October of last year, there was no one else. I feel kind of bad though, during the Pioneer Day celebration last year, I stood in line for kettle corn (the line was abysmally slow and long). I saw Austin a couple of times and we had said hello to each other, but nothing else. I kept hoping he would come up and talk to me, and he stood off to the side of the kettle corn tent hoping that I would see him after I was finished in line. It was raining and he stood there getting soaking wet, hoping that I would come talk to him, and I didn't.

Essentially, we are both nerds who liked each other for a long time before we actually started dating, although he has me beat. Three years. I would tell him how cute I think that is, but he doesn't like be called cute. No worries, I told him I was very flattered and I appreciated the compliment. Pretty much I am unforgettable and irresistible, he never stood a chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:D You know he's one smitten guy. That is so sweet. He seems like a keeper.