Saturday, January 24, 2009

100 with a chance of snow

This is my 100th post. It took me a year, but I have made it. I suppose I should be grateful for this blog, it helped me get started writing in my journal again. There are just somethings too personal for me to write for the world to see until after I die, so all of you will have to wait until then to get all the juicy details. Sorry.

Something wonderful happened to today. After many months of wanting, I finally go to go up Mt Graham and play in the snow. You may ask who is my most favorite person in the whole world for taking me up the mountain and making my entire week and month to this point? That would be this lovely gentleman: Austin. Yep, he knew I wanted to go up the mountain, and today he had time (actually he didn't plan anything for today after work) so up Mt Graham we went. I was finally able to make my snow angel that I have wanted to make since October, I believe. I know it is hard to see, but the sun was going down and the snow was more ice than snow so it was difficult to make to begin with. This is the best day I have had for a while.

After we got back form the mountain, we went out to Cluff Pond and looked at the night sky. The weather was perfect, there wasn't a cloud in the sky. I could have stayed out there longer, but the other couple we were with were getting cold and one of them had to get up early so we came home.

All in all, it has been a good day. I wish I could have more days like today.

2 comments:

Charlo said...

So, aside from teaching you to drive stick, what should I know about this "Austin," as you call him

Kelsi Rose said...

Austin, as I call him, because it is his name, is a good friend. He is a great guy that is my best friend in Thatcher. Right now he is just a friend. I will keep you posted, or you could just read my blog.