Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A bit of randomness

For some reason tonight, I am a little down. I put in one of my favorite movies (Muppet Christmas Carol, yes I know Christmas is long over, but I LOVE the movie) in the hopes it would cheer me up, but it isn't working. I think that perhaps my melencholy is brought on by my current situation. I really want to get gone and move to Sheridan, Wyoming; but at the same time I am already missing the people I know here in Thatcher.

My dear friend Jenelle is coming home from her mission on Monday. I am excited to see her, but I am not going to get to see her much before I leave. I am spending next week down in Mesa, partially because she is coming home and partially because my Dad flies home Thursday.

It is strange how all the plans I make for myself change in just one heartbeat. I think God laughs sometimes at my plans. I am sure He appreciates my prepareation, but He knows that if I feel a prompting to do something that doesn't fit in my plans, I will change my course. I may not do it willingly, infact I complain about it sometimes, but I do it. I have found that my life goes much more smoothly when I follow the promptings instead of kicking against the pricks.

I didn't mean to wax philosophical or anything, but those are just the things on my mind right now. Well, I should go before I write something I may regret.

2 comments:

Charlo said...

I hate the in between in life. Can't do anything where you are at, and you can't yet move on. You just have to sit and wait when you need to get so much done, or when you are motivated to start something, but you just have to sit and wait.

Somerset said...

Unfortunately, the only thing constant is change and the only guarantee's in life are death and taxes. Keep you chin up! A new adventure awaits!